While working at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory, I initially had a fair amount of difficulty using MATLAB. As such, I documented a couple steps that were causing me problems. I have not touched Matlab in several years and I am sure this information is irrelevant at this time, but I figured I would post this information in case someone finds it useful.
License and install MATLAB:
# mkdir /usr/local/matlab
# cp </path/to/license_file_name.dat> license.dat
- Click ok and select the Create symbolic links to MATLAB and mex scripts in:
- After install, ignore the final message and click exit
- If you installed the 64 bit version of Matlab, add the text below to /usr/local/matlab/bin/.matlab7rc.sh
- If you fail to edit the .matlab7rc.sh script you will receive the following error message:
*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0000000000598840 ***
- If you get an error that says you do not have the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed, you probably installed the wrong bit version of MATLAB.
© 2010, Steve Flanders. All rights reserved.