If you configure SMTP on Log Insight with the STARTTLS option and send a test email you will receive the following error message:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
So how do you get TLS support for SMTP to work in Log Insight?
You need to upload and import your certificate on the Log Insight virtual appliance. Today, this can only be done from the CLI. The steps are:
- Copy the SSL certificate for the SMTP server to the Log Insight virtual appliance
- Run (password = changeit):1/usr/java/latest/bin/keytool -import -alias <cert_name> -file <path_to_cert> -keystore /usr/java/latest/lib/security/cacerts
- Restart Log Insight by either:
- CLI run:1service loginsight restart
- GUI from: https://<loginsight_url>/admin/appliance
- CLI run:
Note: By default, SSH is disabled on the Log Insight virtual appliance. To enable SSH, set the root password on the console (default password is blank)
© 2014, Steve Flanders. All rights reserved.