Hey everyone, I am a little delayed but wanted to let you know that Log Insight 4.5.1 is available now and I highly recommend you upgrade to this maintenance release. Read on to learn more!
No changes. This is a maintenance release so it does not contain any new features.
- Security patches — if you want a full patched Log Insight whether new deployment or upgrade you need version 4.5.1
- Archives were not kept for more than one day — this impacts version 4.5.0 only
- Event forwarding filters either fully work or were removed — this impacts version 4.3.0 and 4.5.0
- Event forwarding filters that did not work were removed.
- The deprecation banner for Active Directory has been removed.
How to Upgrade
- You must be running Log Insight 4.3 or 4.5 — upgrades must be sequential from every non-maintenance GA release.
- You must access the cluster master’s FQDN (not ILB VIP) and ensure you have access to ports 443 and 80.
- You go to the /admin/cluster page and follow the upgrade workflow.
Log Insight 4.5.1 contains three very important fixes. I would strongly recommend that all customers, no matter what version they are running, upgrade to 4.5.1. As always, be sure to review the release notes beforehand.
Note: Log Insight 3.0 goes out of support on 2017/11/15 so now is the time to upgrade and version 4.5.1 is what you should be upgrading to (sequentially of course).
© 2017, Steve Flanders. All rights reserved.
11 comments on “Log Insight 4.5.1 Available Now!”
unfortunately, the download is of 4.5.1 is not available through vCenter Download site yet. It’s still on 4.5.0 level.
Your download link shows 4.5.1, yet I am not allowed to download full version of 4.5.1 (we are using vCenter license for LI and currently have an evaluation license of the full product active).
Thanks for the heads up — I have tracked down the issue and it is being fixed now. Hopefully it will be published this week.
Downloads for free version with vCenter are not yet available?
This appears to be true — hoping it will be fixed this week.
GSS told me that this update is not available for the free version (LI for vCenter). Only with extra paid full version! Why is that???
They are mistaken, you can find the LI 4.5.1 download on the vSphere download page: https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vsphere/6_5
Thank you very much Steve! Your link worked 🙂
Yes, it was not available for vCenter customers. I created a SR regarding this and they informed me last Friday that download is available now.
Hi Steve, Upgrade to 4.5.1 from 4.5.0 fails with the following message
Log Insight deployment did not pass pre-upgrade validation:
Base environment is built from a VVD4.0
Hey Thomas — the pre-upgrade check should give a reason. Did it? If not, check the upgrade log in /storage/core/loginsight/var.
The reason was listed as:
A review of the upgrade.log showed ‘SSL routines:SSL2_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol.
Sounds like I need to switch TLS1.0 and 1.1 back on! Thanks for your help Steve.