Hey everyone, I am a little delayed but wanted to let you know that Log Insight 4.5.1 is available now and I highly recommend you upgrade to this maintenance release. Read on to learn more!
No changes. This is a maintenance release so it does not contain any new features.
- Security patches — if you want a full patched Log Insight whether new deployment or upgrade you need version 4.5.1
- Archives were not kept for more than one day — this impacts version 4.5.0 only
- Event forwarding filters either fully work or were removed — this impacts version 4.3.0 and 4.5.0
- Event forwarding filters that did not work were removed.
- The deprecation banner for Active Directory has been removed.
How to Upgrade
- You must be running Log Insight 4.3 or 4.5 — upgrades must be sequential from every non-maintenance GA release.
- You must access the cluster master’s FQDN (not ILB VIP) and ensure you have access to ports 443 and 80.
- You go to the /admin/cluster page and follow the upgrade workflow.
Log Insight 4.5.1 contains three very important fixes. I would strongly recommend that all customers, no matter what version they are running, upgrade to 4.5.1. As always, be sure to review the release notes beforehand.
Note: Log Insight 3.0 goes out of support on 2017/11/15 so now is the time to upgrade and version 4.5.1 is what you should be upgrading to (sequentially of course).
© 2017, Steve Flanders. All rights reserved.