Here are some of my takeaways from Day 1 at VMworld 2010:
- The Moscone Center is all decked out and Howard Street is full of people
- The lines are long, the Internet is flaky, but at least my cell phone works
- If you want a seat, arrive really (>30 minutes) early
- It was a great day of sessions, networking, and vendor events
- People seem really excited about what VMworld and what the cloud has to offer
- Sessions and vendors mentioned vCloud Director, but no one could talk about it until tomorrow
The biggest announcement, which has not been official announced at VMworld yet is vCloud Director. I just discovered that all the information is now posted on the VMware site at http://www.vmware.com/products/vcloud-director/. Unless you have been living under a rock, this announcement should not come as a surprise tomorrow as people have been talking about it for months. Some luck beta testers (like me!) have already played around with this sure-to-be revolutionary product and are excited for its first GA release.
© 2010, Steve Flanders. All rights reserved.