Here are some of my takeaways from the Day 2 Keynote at VMworld 2010:
- It is clear that Paul Maritz is betting on the cloud
- As was to be expected, vCloud Director was announced and released
- VMware is starting to focus on virtualizing security and networking
- Several announcements around vShield were made
- Project Verizon was announced
In addition, I noticed several shots taken at other companies. Including:
- Oracle – “What is the cloud?”
- iPhone – Fine phone when it works
- UCS + Vblock – No one will through out their existing infrastructure
- 3Par – How does it fit with Dell + VAAI?
- Microsoft – Hyper-what?
© 2010, Steve Flanders. All rights reserved.