This is the first year that VMworld EMEA is two-weeks after VMworld US and I have to say it sure does keep the pressure on! Below is my schedule for VMworld EMEA.
VMworld US 2017 is underway and I realized I have not published my agenda. Below are the events I am currently planning to attend — I hope to see you there! If you are interested in syncing up on any topic (e.g. Log Insight, IDM, etc) do not hesitate to reach out.
It is that time of the year again, the VMworld 2017 session voting is open!!! Read on to learn some interesting statistics for this year as well as all the Log Insight sessions.
This morning, before the VMworld Barcelona General Session, Log Insight 4.0 was announced on the VMware Management blog! Sign up to be notified when the new release is available here. Also, be sure to register here to get access to the latest Tech Preview (available now!).
4.0 means it is a major release and it is not going to disappoint. Here is what is publicly known now:
New Server Features
- vSphere 6.5 compatibility
- New Admin Alerts Management UI
- Syslog octet-framing over TCP
- Supported deployment APIs
New UI Features
- New Clarity UI
- DeviceID to name aliasing
- New “field does not exist” filter
- New gauge chart
- New “blur” on session timeout
- Agent scripted-input
- vIDM SSO Support
- Agent auto-update
VMworld is coming up and I thought I would share my schedule!
- vBeers: 6:00 to 9:00 RI RA Irish Bar
- TAM Customer Day Ask the Experts: 1:30 to 3:30 South Convention Center, Level 2
- Welcome Reception: 5:00 to 7:30
- VMunderground Party: 7:00 to 10:00, Nine Fine Irishmen
- VMUG Party: 7:30 to 9:30, House of Blues
- General Session: 9:00 to 10:30
- VMTN Tweetup: 1:00 to 2:00, VMvillage
- vFlipCup: 7:00 to 11:00, Bourbon Bar
- General Session: 9:00 to 10:30
- Log Insight (?ne+dle) to Value Deep Dive: 1:30 to 2:30 Breakers H, Level 2
- Hall Crawl in Solutions Exchange: 4:30 to 6:00
- vExpert Reception: 7:00 to 10:00 The Mob Museum
- Veeam Party: 8:00 to 11:00 The Light Vegas
- #MGT7685R Insight into the World of Logs: 9:30 to 10:30 South Pacific H, Level 1
- #MGT8641R A Lot of Insight and No PowerPoint: 11:30 to 12:30 Lagoon F, Level 2
- #MGT10763-GD Log Insight Group Discussion: 1:00 to 2:00 Shell Seekers A, Level 1
- #MGT8641R A Lot of Insight and No PowerPoint: 2:30 to 3:30 Islander G, Level 1
- #MGT7685R Insight into the World of Logs: 4:00 to 5:00 Islander A, Level 1
- VMworld Customer Appreciation Party: 7:30 to 10:30
- #MGT8040 Turning Up the Noise with Log Insight: 12:00 to 1:00 Islander I, Level 1
Is it really August already? Yes it is and you know what that means? VMworld US is coming up! If you are planning to attend this year and are interested in Log Insight, be sure to register for my sessions:
- 8040 Turning up the Noise: How VMware’s Private Cloud Team is Getting Closer to the Heartbeat of their Infrastructure, Billions of Events at a Time, Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 8641 A Lot of Insight; No Power Point, Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Attending TAM Day? Then get some exclusive Log Insight information at the following sessions:
- Log Insight (?ne+dle) to Value Deep Dive, Sunday, August 30, 2016, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Breakers H, Level 2
- TAM Customer Day – Ask the Experts Session Sunday, August 28, 2016, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Want event more Log Insight? Be sure to check out the top 5 Log Insight VMworld sessions listed here. I hope to see you in Vegas!
It is that time of the year again, VMworld 2016 catalog voting is now open! In this post I would like to take a look at the numbers this year as well as the voting changes and my submissions. Read on to learn more!